Monday, November 23, 2009

Ziplining in Belize

During spring break of 2008, my family went on a cruse. My favorite excursion was to Belize, where I would be ziplining with my dad and little sister over a jungle. In the room we waited in, I saw two friends from the cruse kid's group-- Kelly and Rachel.

Our group got off the ship, and onto the bus that would take us to the jungle. The bus ride was an hour and a half long, so we kids amused ourselves by singing annoying songs. The adults weren't exactly amused by this.

When we finally reached the jungle, a few employees helped all the excursionists into their harnesses. The employees led us to a short zipline, where they demonstrated saftey rules and what to do if we got stuck on the zipline. After about five minutes of instruction, we welaked a short hill. Mine and my friends' families had to wait a while, because there were many others in front of us.

At last, we reached the launching platform. I was nervous at first. But when I took off, I felt exhilarated. It seemed like I was flying over the beautiful jumgle vegitation, the wind in my face. There were four more zips like this, not including the two compleatly vertical zips to navitgate us around different jungle zcenery. Everyone--including my friends and theri dad--agreen that this was something we would want to do agian.

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, this sounds really neat! You ought to post some pictures of this excursion.